Being in nature is so beneficial — but not everyone can (or wants to) hike a whole mountain.
Nature walks are a wonderful way to get a solid nature fix without adding the stresses and risks that come with tougher hiking trails.
Time spent in nature…
- Improves health and fitness
- Improves immunity and memory performance
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Speeds recovery from illness (gets the blood moving)
- Gets you away from your living space (and all its attendant distractions, chores, and responsibilities)
- Lowers your cortisol, pulse rate, and blood pressure
- Increases your white blood cell count
- Increases your Vitamin D production
- Makes you happy!
These easy Nature Walk routes over predominantly level terrain provide deep nature experiences.
Each Nature Walk is under 4 miles in length and all are suitable for just about anyone.
The classic hike to Red Hill does include some elevation gain but, if you take your time, it’s a very do-able hiking trail. There are no especially difficult or technical sections to worry about — and the view from the fire tower is well worth the effort.