Being in nature is so beneficial — but not everyone can (or wants to) hike a whole mountain.
Nature trails are a wonderful way to get a solid forest fix without adding the stresses and risks that come with tougher, mountainous hiking trails.
Each of these nature trails is under 4 miles in length, and all are suitable for just about anyone.
What is a Nature Trail?
A nature trail is any path through a forest, field, or preserve — especially one that provides opportunities for observing and learning about plants and animals.
Time spent in nature…
- Improves health and fitness
- Improves immunity and memory performance
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Speeds recovery from illness (gets the blood moving)
- Gets you away from your living space (and all its attendant distractions, chores, and responsibilities)
- Lowers your cortisol, pulse rate, and blood pressure
- Increases your white blood cell count
- Increases your Vitamin D production
- Makes you happy!
These easy nature trail routes over predominantly level terrain provide deep nature experiences.
The hikes to Red Hill do include some elevation gain but, if you take your time, it’s do-able stuff. There are no especially difficult or technical sections to worry about — and the view from the fire tower is well worth the effort.